The Ghana Geographical Association (GGA) and the Ghana Geography Teachers Association (GGTA) have been organising conferences every year on various themes to discuss issues that affects our environment, society and the nation at large.
GGA/GGTA 2009 CONFERENCE
VENUE: SASAKAWA, UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
THEME: CLIMATE CHANGE, FOOD SECURITY AND THE ROLE OF THE
DATE: 5TH – 8TH AUGUST, 2009
GGA/GGTA 2010 CONFERENCE
2010 Ghana Geographical Association Annual meeting Start date: 11 August 2010 End date: 14 August 2010 Description: The 2010 Annual General Meeting of the Ghana Geographical Association (GGA) will be held at St Mary’s Secondary High School, Apowa, in the Western Region of Ghana from 11th to 14th August 2010.
The theme for this year’s Meeting is “Oil and Gas find in Ghana: Implications for the Geographer”.
Identified sub-themes are:
1. Geo-politics of location and exploration of Oil and Gas resources
2. Economic and Socio-political Dimensions of Oil and Gas to Ghana
3. Environmental Impacts of Oil and Gas exploration
SIDE PRESENTATIONS: Teaching and Learning in Geography
• Introducing the Geography of Oil and Gas into teaching at the Pre-tertiary level;
• Trends in the philosophy and content of geography education in 21st century;
• Geography at the tertiary level: What Pre-tertiary Teachers need to know; and
• Teaching of Geography in Pre-tertiary Institution.
The planners invite abstracts from members (teachers, lecturers and non-teachers) and graduate students in any of the branches of Geography. Potential presenters can submit either a short abstract of 250 words or an extended abstract of two pages.
Abstract should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or
GGA, C/o Department of Geography and Regional Planning, UCC, Cape Coast
The cost of attending the meeting will be as follows: GHC
• Registration, materials and participation 25.00
• Accommodation 4.00*
• Meals 30.00
• Field Trips 10.00
• T-shirt 6.00
* This is optional and members can search for their own accommodation if they so wish
The schedule for the annual meeting is as follows:
• Day 0- Wednesday, 11th August, Arrival
• Day 1- Thursday, 12th August Session
• Day 2- Friday, 13th August Session (including practical)
• Day 3- Saturday, 14th August Field trip and Departure
The Executive Committee of the Association wishes to bring this to the Attention of all members and urge them to keep the dates open for the meeting.
For Further Information, Please contact:
Kofi Awusabo-Asare, Tel: 024-470-4605 or James Kweku Eshun, Tel: 020-818-2541
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
GGA/GGTA 2011 CONFERENCE