There are two types of the Geographical Societies
Geographical Societies at the tertiary level are students reading geography at the tertiary level. Geographical Societies undertake activities and projects. These include field trips to major attractions and geographic phenomena in the country. They also organise seminars and conferences or symposiums to educate their members about the importance of studying geography, the job and career options in geography among others.
1. GEOGRAPHICAL SOCIETY – UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
2. GEOGRAPHY AND RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT STUDENTS ASSOCIATION – GRADSA
3. GEOGRAPHY AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT STUDENTS ASSOCIATION – KNUST
- University of Cape Coast (UCC)
- University of Ghana (Legon)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- University of Development Studies (UDS)
There will be the creation of Geographical Societies in all schools across all regions in the country. This will help to enhance the activities of the network by bringing all students together through this framework. Every school will have its branch of Geographical Society that will have their own executives and their Geography teachers will serve as the Patron of the Society.
- They will meet to discuss issues that are of interest to the group and also their studies.
- Will form groups that will participate in the project competitions.
- Help one another in enhancing the study of geography.
- Plan field trips.